Saturday, December 14th
Schedule of Events
Santa Fun Run & 5k
2 PM Santa Fun Run
2:15 PM 5k Run
Sponsored by the Annandale Ambassador program
Join the Annandale Royalty in this Main Street Holiday staple activity! Intended as a fundraiser for the Ambassador program, participants in the 5k will receive a Santa hat and t-shirt. The fun doesn’t stop there – grab the whole family for the 5th annual Santa Fun Run! Costumes encouraged and the first 50 people receive a Santa Hat. Fee for the 5k is $20 per person in advance or $25 on race day. Fee for the Santa Fun Run is $5 per person in advance or $8 on race day. The PayPal account to make payment to in advance is firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters to Santa
Sponsored by Little Treasures Gift Shop and Lake Central Bank
Bring the kids to Little Treasures Gift Shop to have them write their letter to the big guy up at the North Pole! All letters that include a return address will get a letter back from Santa before Christmas.
Anna & Elsa (& Kristoff!)
Sponsored by Miller’s Jewelry
Straight from Arendelle to Annandale, Anna and Elsa (& Kristoff!) will be roaming the streets of downtown during Main Street Holiday! Don’t forget your camera because you will want to get a picture with these real life princesses that are featured in the Disney movie, Frozen!
Pictures with Santa
Santa sponsored by Flamingo Event Services
2 – 2:45 PM | Annandale Embroidery
3 – 3:45 PM | Kaz Hardware
4 – 4:45 PM | Miller’s Jewelry
5 – 5:45 PM | Keller Williams Realty
2 – 6 PM
The Annandale Ambassadors will be handing out candy canes during the Main Street Holiday event. Join them as they kick-off the Santa Fun Run & 5k, and then walk the streets of downtown.
Sponsored by Rick Seagraves of Edina Realty
NEW! Casted locally by Miller’s Jewelry from pure silver bullion. Medallion will be hidden within city limits on public property. Updates and clues will be revealed on social media. First clue will be revealed at the annual Tree Lighting Program on Nov 30th, and then on social media following the program. Additional clues will be revealed every other day until medallion is found. Contact Rick Seagraves when medallion is found.
Campfire & S’mores
Sponsored by Keller Williams Classic Realty – Heart of the Lakes Team
Take a few minutes to warm up by the fire and have yourself a warm gooey s’more. The campfire will be located in front of Keller Williams Classic Realty.
Elf Scavenger Hunt
Pick up your scavenger hunt from Miller’s Jewelry, and then see if you have what it takes to solve the puzzle. Enter your completed puzzle in a prize drawing for a retail gift card!
Carolers will be walking around downtown serenading with classic holiday tunes.
Horse Drawn Trolley Rides
Cost: free-will donation
Grab a ride on a horse-drawn trolley decked out for the holidays. Pick-up location will be at Clock Tower Park.
NEW to the Main Street Holiday this year will be two live reindeer! Coming from Bluestem Reindeer Ranch in Maple Lake featuring a mommy and baby reindeer. There will also be a sleigh available for that perfect reindeer picture!
Sponsored by Cafe Jules
NEW! Come check out the beautiful gardens by Cafe Jules and stop at the selfie station. Pick your favorite photo props and get that great holiday-themed group picture! Be sure to bring your camera!
Holiday Lights Parade
Join us downtown for the 5th annual Holiday Lights parade!
***** PARADE INFORMATION *****
Please register (link below) your business for the Mainstreet Holiday Parade on Saturday, December 14th at 6 PM.
- Santa is our featured guest and will be riding at the end of the parade. No participant float shall use a live Santa. We don’t want any confused children.
- Parade line-up positions will be forwarded to all participants ahead of time, along with other important details, so please provide most-used e-mail address on your entry form.
- Entries will be judged based on illumination and overall holiday theme. Floats are judged by the current Annandale Ambassadors.
- Absolutely nothing can be thrown from floats, and nothing may be handed out (this includes candy).
- All parade float participants need to have lights in some way. This may be in the costumes, or simply carrying a flashlight. As such, all floats need to be visible with lights as well. Please make sure your business name is legible, either with a spotlight or lit up in some way. The more lights the better!
- Entry forms are due no later than Saturday, December 7th, 2019